Wednesday, August 10, 2011

‘No Evidence That Mark Duggan Fired At Officers’

Copyright The Voice: JUSTICE: Semone Wilson, fiancee of Mark Duggan, (left) arrives with two unidentified women at North London Coroner's Court in High Barnet
The Voice reported that the Police watchdog says that there is no evidence to suggest that 29-year-old shot at police

NEW EVIDENCE has revealed that Mark Duggan, the man whose death has triggered riots across Britain, did not shoot at police before he was gunned down in north London, last week (Aug 4).

Ballistic results obtained by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) show that the 29-year-old father of five did not open fire before he was shot and killed by police in a pre-planned operation to arrest him.

The IPCC said it had carried out ballistic tests on a handgun found at the scene, thought to have been owned by Duggan, and found that the gun had not been discharged.

The UK’s Forensic Science Service is to carry out further tests on the weapon to verify this.

Initial reports suggested that Mr Duggan was killed after first firing at police from the Met’s specialist firearms team C019, which his family and those that knew him rejected, but the IPCC report shows that only two shots were fired – both from a police gun.

Results from the coroner’s office show that Mr Duggan died from a single bullet wound to the chest. He also received a second gunshot wound to his right bicep. (Source: The Voice)

1 comment:

  1. Cops cover cops' backs. I'm not expecting anything to come out of the investigation.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...