UK: "I left the I’mPOSSIBLE Conversation ready to kick down doors and take on the world"

On Wednesday December 12th the last I’mPOSSIBLE Conversation of 2012 took place in London. The Conversation focusses on publicising the life journeys of women of colour in Britain.

The founder of the I’mPOSSIBLE Conversation  is planning to go global, there are going to be several iteration around the world.

Blogger of Madnews: "There were some truly inspiring and deeply personal stories told throughout the evening and once again I left Pearson headquarters ready to kick down doors and take on the world."

Although it's set up for black women, black men have also discovered the event. UK's Hip Hop legend TY: "There is also  a room for men to come to these events and just enjoy hearing women speak and hearing them be actually at the top of the table. "

3 Comments

  1. Thanks for posting that video of the women's conference.

    I look forward to hearing about other such conferences around the world. But, I've one little quibble - I think that the name "I'mPOSSIBLE" is much too close to the word "impossible".

    It's too bad the names "Sister to Sister", SistertoSister, and "Sister 2 Sister" are taken (the first a heart disease preventative group, the second for a Jewish group for divorced women, and the third for a Black female social magazine). I think anyr of those forms of that name would have been a great name for the conference.

    If that group wants to consider another name, here's a suggestion: "Sisters Speak".

    Still, the conference is a great idea. More power to that project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear what you're saying Azizi but I think "ImPossible" is supposed to be a sort of double entendre. On one hand, these women are saying "YES, it's possible to be a successful woman of color." And at the same time they are also saying, "YES, the success that we have, considering who we are, what we look like and where we come from, may seem impossible but we actually achieved the impossible."

      Delete
    2. Yes, I get that but I think that using double entendres for names of organizations and events can be problematic, in this case for the reason I gave.

      Sometimes it's better to be straightforward and not witty.

      Be that as it may, I certainly wish this project/organization well.

      Delete
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form